Future Professionals, would you like to have your registration for attendance at professional conferences paid for? SHAPE Colorado would like to support your professional needs. Students that meet all scholarship requirements and complete the follow-up essay are eligible to receive reimbursement for convention registration. (Note: not student membership fees) This is a reimbursement scholarship.
1. You must meet all scholarship criteria to be considered for this scholarship
- You must be a SHAPE Colorado student member.
- You must have a declared major in one of the following fields: Health, Physical Education, Recreation or Dance.
- You must currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year Colorado higher education institute.
2. Complete an essay on the following question:
- Identify 3 things you learned or took away from the convention that will benefit you in your future profession?
- Include sessions attended and name of presenters
- The essay should be typed, one full page in length, single spaced with 1″ margins
3. A cover sheet should be submitted with your essay. It should include the following information:
- Mailing Address (for reimbursement check, if awarded)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Institute you attend
- Declared major
- Year in school
- Advisor name
- Breakdown of expenses paid by university and expenses paid by student.
4. Include a receipt for your conference registration with the submission of your essay.
- After all applications have been received a letter confirming or denying your application will be sent. All documents will be mailed to you at the address you provide.
5. Submit within 4 weeks after the convention.
- For the 2017 SHAPE Colorado Convention in Colorado Springs, submissions must be received by November 17, 2017.
- For the 2018 Central District Convention in Sioux Falls, SD, submissions must be received by February, 23, 2018.
- For the 2018 SHAPE Convention in Nashville, submissions must be received by April 20, 2018.
Note: Scholarships are funded by the Silent Auction at convention, the Cindy Young Scholarship Fund, and the 5280 grant. If the funds run out before a convention occurs, there will be no scholarships available for reimbursement.
Contact Elizabeth Sharp for questions and submit applications to: email@example.com