SHAPE Colorado would like to support Emerging Leaders by providing them with an opportunity to attend the annual convention while also providing valuable service to the profession. The Emerging Leaders Convention Scholarship will reimburse the Annual SHAPE Colorado Convention registration fee (early-bird rate) for Emerging Leaders who meet the criteria and fulfill the requirements outlined below.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements:
- You must be a current SHAPE Colorado Student Member at the time of the Convention.
- You must currently be enrolled in a 2- or 4-Year Colorado Higher Education Institution.
- You must have a declared major in one of the following fields of study: Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, or Coaching.
To earn a reimbursement of the Convention Registration Fee (Early-Bird Rate), complete the following:
- Access the Emerging Leaders Convention Scholarship Volunteer Signup Survey sent via email or on the SHAPE CO website
- Sign up for a minimum of 2 HOURS to assist with events/tasks within the options provided. These may include activities, such as helping with the Silent Auction, serving as a Presider for a session, assisting with technology or other setup/teardown, and more. Be sure that you will be in attendance at the Convention during the date/time you select.
- Note: Service slots will be first-come, first-served, so register early to get a spot!
- Final service assignments and details will be posted at the check-in table at the Convention.
Upon completion and confirmation of the 2-hour minimum service provided at the SHAPE Colorado convention, your name and service tasks will be provided to the Emerging Leaders Reimbursement Committee for processing, and Convention Registration Fee reimbursements will be completed thereafter.
Scholarships are funded by the Silent Auction at Convention and the Cindy Young Scholarship Fund. The total amount of reimbursement is subject to the funds generated by both. Additionally, if the funds run out before a convention occurs, there will be no scholarships available for reimbursement.