2022 SHAPE Colorado
Emerging Leaders Convention Scholarship
Application Submission Timeframe: October 9-31, 2022
SHAPE Colorado would like to support Emerging Leaders by offering the Emerging Leaders Convention Scholarship on a competitive basis, which will reimburse up to 10 scholarship recipients with $100 toward the Annual SHAPE Colorado Convention registration fee for Emerging Leaders who meet the criteria and fulfill the requirements outlined below.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements:
- You must be a current SHAPE Colorado Student Member at the time of the Convention.
- You must currently be enrolled in a 2- or 4-Year Colorado Higher Education Institution.
- You must have a declared major in one of the following fields of study: Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, or Coaching.
- Priority consideration goes to:
- Applications submitted by senior and junior level members
- Emerging leaders who pay out of pocket (not financially supported by their university/clubs for registration costs)
The online application should be submitted after the convention has concluded but before the deadline of October 31 and includes the following sections:
- Personal/School Information
- Describe your interest in health, physical education, recreation, dance, or coaching (your specific area) and your career and professional goals.
- Identify the top three sessions you attended during the convention that align with your professional goals. Describe how your participation in these sessions will help you grow professionally.
- Volunteer Hours Description (bonus points, see below for details)
To apply for the scholarship, click on the link below to complete the application form between October 9-31, 2022:
Opportunity for Bonus Points toward scoring:
Emerging leaders can earn up to two bonus points on their application score for volunteering their time at the convention. To volunteer:
- Access the Emerging Leaders Convention Volunteer Signup form sent to emerging leaders via email.
- Sign up for a minimum of 2 HOURS to assist with events/tasks within the options provided. These may include activities such as helping with the Silent Auction, helping with the information table, assisting with technology or other setup/teardown, and more. Be sure that you will be in attendance at the Convention during the date/time you select.
- Note: Service slots will be first-come, first-served, so register early to get a spot!
- Final service assignments and details will be posted at the check-in table at the Convention.
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email of their award by November 15 and will receive their reimbursement by December 31. Scholarships are funded by the Silent Auction at Convention and the Cindy Young Scholarship Fund. The total amount of reimbursement is subject to the funds generated by both. Additionally, if the funds run out before a convention occurs, there will be no scholarships available for reimbursement.